This policy sets out how Outside In (NZ) Limited (we) collects, uses and discloses personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (i.e. a natural person) (you).
We comply with the applicable privacy laws, including the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Act).
You can find out further information about the Act at www.privacy.org.nz.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect personal information about you, including:
- your name
- your location (e.g. address, GPS location, latitude/longitude, coarse or fine etc)
- your contact details (e.g. postal address, email address, phone number, twitter handles)
- your billing information (e.g. credit card, purchase history)
3. How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information from you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via:
- our website
- an electronic form or application
- a registration or subscription process
- our contact with you (e.g. in person or by phone, zoom, email or mail)
- any other means authorised or requested by you
We may also collect your personal information from:
- third parties, where you have authorised or requested us to do so
- industry databases
4. Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when it is necessary for a purpose connected with a function or activity that we carry out, including to:
- provide products and services
- market our products and services
- improve our products and services
- improve the way we provide our products and services
- bill and get paid by you (e.g. authorising and processing credit card transactions)
- communicate with you
- carry out research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis)
- protect and/or enforce our rights and interests
- when you apply to be employed or contracted by us, for recruitment, employment and contracting purposes
- fulfil any other purpose authorised or requested by you
5. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is securely stored and safe from loss, unauthorised activity or misuse. However, please be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you send us any information over the internet (in whatever way or format), you send it at your own risk.
6. If information is not provided
If you do not provide all or any part of the personal information we request, you may be unable to set up an account with us and/or we may be unable to provide (or continue to provide) products and services to you.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can ask for the personal information we hold about you (if it is readily retrievably by us). Before we provide any information to you, we will need evidence that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If your personal information is wrong, you can ask for it to be corrected. If we consider that the correction is reasonable (and we are reasonably able to make the correction), we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We use ‘cookies’ on our websites. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. They are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit.
9. Your consent
By providing information to us (in whatever way or format), you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing that information in accordance with this policy and the Act.
10. Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy to our website. The revised policy will apply from the date it is available on our website.
11. Contacting us
To submit a request, or otherwise contact us in connection with this policy, please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the attention of our privacy officer.
Our address is 139 Station Road, Penrose, Auckland, 1061.